Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mud Movers

In preparation for April's big Cold War Commander game I've been thinking about rules for air support.  I've decided to follow Ian Shaw's suggestion of using randomised air support.  Rather than drawing up tables I'm going to have a card for each available aircraft and let each side draw cards to see what they can call upon.  That way we can add new aircraft as players arrive.


Each aircraft gets a card that includes the relevant stats and any relevant rules for special munitions carried.  The five aircraft in the foreground are recent eBay purchases I've yet to repaint.  The F-111, the Belgian F-104 and the Su-24 are strategic strike aircraft and shouldn't really be used for tactical air support but needs must in time of war.  I'll probably restrict the options in using these elements.

No comments: